It was a close call with Tropical Storm Emily this July, however Hurricane Season usually lasts between May-November every year and it is always a good idea to be fully prepared with the following tools in your home.
- You should always have at least a pair of these in case the power goes out in your home. Make sure they are battery-powered and stock up on extra batteries in case they expire or run out.
- Make sure to stock up on plenty of bottled water. During a storm, the drinking water from the tap may not be suitable or safe to drink. Its always important to have plenty of water during a storm.
- FIRST AID KIT
- Accidents can happen on a daily basis. However, during a storm you want to make sure you have all your bases covered when it comes to safety. Make sure you have enough bandages, cotton swabs, antibiotic cream, and antiseptic liquid.
- CANNED FOOD
- It is important to keep non-perishables in the house just in case your electricity will be out longer than expected due to a storm.
- BATTERY-POWERED RADIO
- During a storm, it is important to keep an ear out for weather updates. Make sure to keep a battery-powered radio in your home to listen for weather, traffic, and road closures, etc.
We hope these helpful tips may come in handy if you ever find yourself caught in a storm.
Make sure to visit our Facebook Page to keep yourself updated on all of our blog posts: https://www.facebook.com/miamiappraisalservices/